- 3-4 lb Mariposa Ranch Chuck Roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow or red onions (2 large), sliced into half moons
- Kosher or other coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth (low sodium is best)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- Heat the oil in a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook on medium, stirring frequently, until the onions turn golden, about 20 minutes.
- Sear the brisket (to save time, do so in a separate while the onions are cooking). Pat the brisket dry. Season all over with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet or pan over medium-high. Add the brisket and sear on all sides until a golden-brown crust forms (a few minutes a side). Transfer to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker fat side up.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic over the brisket. When the onions are ready, add them on top and around the meat.
- Mix the broth, Worcestershire, and soy/tamari together and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until the brisket is tender, 6 to 8 hours on low. Turn to warm or off and let rest for 30 min before serving.