- 2 Mariposa Ranch top sirloin steaks
- olive oil butter or ghee
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 large shallots peeled and sliced
- 1 large clove garlic peeled and minced
- 6 oz crimini mushrooms thinly sliced (don’t wash, if needed brush clean with a mushroom brush)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white wine if Whole 30, use white grape juice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and place rack in center of oven.
- Prep all ingredients so they are ready to go when needed.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with sea salt and pepper.
- Place cast iron skillet or other heavy pan on medium/high heat and allow to heat for several minutes.
- When pan is hot add enough olive oil, butter or ghee to generously coat bottom of pan.
- When oil or butter are hot add meat to pan.
Sear steak for 3 minutes each side. Place steaks in an oven safe dish and place in oven for 5 minutes to rest. While steak is in oven:
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to hot steak pan, add shallots and turn heat down to medium.
- Sauté, stirring frequently for three minutes, loosening any browned bits from the pan with spatula or spoon.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, stirring until mushrooms release most of their juices (usually around five minutes (steaks should be out of the oven by now for medium rare)
- Carefully add white wine (or white grape juice) to pan and sauté for 1 more minute, stirring. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and pepper.
- Top steaks with shallots, mushrooms and white wine reduction. Garnish with chives. Serve.